Job: Software Developer

Mitch Holyoak mholyoak at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 10:10:42 MST 2007

Two open positions for:

Software Developer Lead
Software Developer

Sorenson Media is a global leader in video compression technology located in
Utah, the Salt Lake Valley. Our innovative encoding applications and
award-winning video delivery solutions enable users to quickly and
affordably deliver quality digital video files over the Internet. Sorenson
Media's video streaming technology is used on more than 600 million PCs
worldwide. The Sorenson Squeeze Compression Suite has garnered many major
industry awards, including Macworld Best of Show and 2007 Streaming Media
Readers' Choice Award for Encoding Software, and the firm's compression
codecs are licensed by a host of Fortune 500 companies.

We are seeking a dedicated and experienced Lead Developer to join our
efforts at the forefront of video. We have some exciting projects we are
currently working on, like putting video on your cell phone, game systems,
portable music systems, the internet and a host of other platforms.  We are
also working on putting video into the latest video disk formats Blu-ray, HD
DVD, and DVD.  Join our efforts to help shape the next great revolution
hitting the net—the "video web".

Great benefits package and a great team of people!  If you're good at what
you do and want to be a leader in a field that everyone is talking about,
then come join Sorenson Media!

Excellent Benefits:

-         401K matching contributions up to 5%

-         3 weeks vacation

-         Medical/Dental/Life insurance

-         Short/long term disability insurance

-         Competitive salary and bonus potential

Education and/or Experience

-         Good leadership skills

-         Practical/working knowledge of the Ruby on Rails framework

-         Familiarity with CSS and HTML

-         Knowledge of Ajax based web interfaces

-         Experience with Java

-         5+ year experience in object-oriented software engineering

-         Ability to take ownership of large software subsystems

-         Motivated self-starter

-         Work and communicate well with others in a team environment

-         BS Degree in CS or related field
  Other skills and abilities

-         Familiarity with agile development methodologies

-         Experience in developing database driven interfaces is desirable
Multimedia architectures: Windows Media, QuickTime, Real Media, Flash, and
MPEG

-         Experience with audio/video image processing and codecs

-         Cross platform development experience (Mac, Windows, Linux)

-         Development with Trolltech Qt, Visual Studio, and Mac OS X Carbon
development using Xcode.

The company is relocating to Draper, UT the first of 2008.

http://www.sorensonmedia.com
Send resume to mholyoak at gmail.com