What do you think about cherry picking?

Dave Smith dave at thesmithfam.org
Thu Nov 29 09:36:18 MST 2007

I haven't used it, but it seems that for me the main problem with quilt
is when files change names (or move to entirely new directories) between
the development and stable branches. This is why VCS integration is
critical, because it knows where the files went and how to "patch" the
patches in order that they get applied to the right files when merging
between branches.

Ideally I would love a VCS that knows my language, but my main language,
C++, kind of sucks for file management since it allows files to be
wherever you want, and relies on environment variables or compiler
command line arguments to find them, neither of which a semantic VCS
would have access too.

--Dave