need help with exim4 and mail transfer

Corey Edwards tensai at zmonkey.org
Wed Nov 21 11:55:59 MST 2007

On Wed, 2007-11-21 at 11:33 -0700, Steve wrote:
> However I do fail to see how LVM would make the task of mounting a
> partition on a different volume when the need arises any easier.
> Can you elaborate how what you are talking about and what I'm talking
> about differ in their approach or end result?

So if he runs out of disk space on his primary drive and adds another,
with LVM he can add all that disk space (or some subset of it) to the
existing volumes. I did that on the box at my feet actually. I added a
120GB drive to augment /home. With LVM /home just became 30GB + 120GB,
and I didn't have to move anything.

And if he decides in the future that maybe some of that disk would be
better served on another partition, he could shrink the one and reapply
the recovered disk to another volume. Going back to my example, I could
pull out 10GB from that 120GB I added to /home and put it on /var
instead.

Corey