need help with exim4 and mail transfer

Steve smorrey at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 23:17:53 MST 2007

It all depends on how you plan to use the system.
I've always found it to be a pain in the butt to have more than 2 or
at most 3 partitions on a drive.
My partitions usually consist of

/
/swap
/boot

I leave /boot unmounted unless updating the kernel, which prevents a
lot of accidents, but truthfully I haven't bothered doing that in a
long while.

Unless you have a specific reason to need the multi-partition setup, I
highly recommend you avoid it.

As for how DynDNS works, it's pretty simple.

Comast gives you a dynamic IP address, not a static one.
Periodically Comcast (and pretty much any other ISP) will reclaim all
outstanding IP addresses and redistribute them.
Internet services such as DNS require a static and unchanging IP
address to function properly.

This is where DynDNS and other Dynamic DNS services come in.
As soon as your IP address has changed, your DynDNS client (could be a
program on your computer or it could be built into the router),
notifies the DynDNS service that your IP address has changed.  DynDNS
then updates their records to reflect that, and from then on out will
let anyone wanting to know where www.yourdomain.com is, exactly what
the new IP address is.

All you need are 3 things.
You need to set up a DynDNS account.
You need to set DynDNS as your nameserver at your registrar.
You need to install and setup a DynDNS client (that's optional since
they do have a web interface if you want/need to do it by hand).

I hope this was helpful.

Sincerely,
Steve