November PLUG Meeting: State of FOSS in Utah

Ryan Simpkins plug at ryansimpkins.com
Fri Nov 9 12:47:50 MST 2007

On Fri, November 9, 2007 12:13, Bryan Sant wrote:
> On Nov 9, 2007 12:06 AM, Ryan Simpkins <plug at ryansimpkins.com> wrote:
>> I'd like to get a feel for how many are planning on coming so we can have an
>> appropriate amount of goodies for you all. If you are coming for the goodies
>> -
>> respond to this thread and let us know!
>>
>> -Ryan
>
> I'll be there.  Are the goodies coming from our sponsor(s), or are you
> financing this Ryan?  If it is the later, I'll pitch in.

Omniture will be providing the goodies. I think the quality of goodies is
directly proportional to the number of people attending. This first meeting
might be a little off as Omniture observers the group, and the group observes
Omniture. The meeting format will also be a little different than in the past.
Presentations will be shorter (and hopefully more interesting), and there will
be more opportunity for open-ended socializing. Omniture is really the key
venue to pull this off.

My personal opinion is that we as a group can't expect much without giving
much to begin with. Being part of a group like this takes real effort. It is
interesting how much work goes in to fun. The fun part can't happen without
you - the members.