November PLUG Meeting: State of FOSS in Utah

Ryan Simpkins plug at ryansimpkins.com
Fri Nov 9 00:06:16 MST 2007

This is an exciting month for PLUG. We have a new meeting location: Omniture.
Never before has the local FOSS community been stronger. The reach of groups
like PLUG is growing beyond just a few computer hobbyists. Linux is now
becoming the premiere solution for countless business tasks, rather than just
an alternative one. If there was any doubt, it was dispelled with the recent
runaway success of the first ever Utah Open Source Conference.

In line with the new growth trends in FOSS we have invited Clint Savage,
president of the Utah Open Source Foundation to offer the first "State of Utah
FOSS" presentation. This exciting new foundation is helping all of the Utah
FOSS groups (like PLUG) take their groups to new heights. Come participate,
grab a drink, shoot some pool, and meet the new players in the Utah open
source industry!

For meeting location information please visit the web site:
http://plug.org/omniture

I'd like to get a feel for how many are planning on coming so we can have an
appropriate amount of goodies for you all. If you are coming for the goodies -
respond to this thread and let us know!

-Ryan