one way network access problems

Dr. Scott S. Jones scott at fyrenice.com
Wed Nov 7 15:28:58 MST 2007

Help...linux to xp networking

I can't connect from linux to xp, on LAN with two linux boxes (one runs
sarge, other etch).

What I can do, is surf the web, ping, email, all that works from XP out. I
can connect to both linux boxes AND to a virtual windows instance on sarge,
running on Win4Lin. I can even print to a printer connected to sarge, via
printer share on that virtual windows session.

What I can NOT do is mount a shared C: drive on XP from either Debian
machine, nor can I connect the other direction from virtual windows on
sarge.

I made sure all the DNS settings were the same for sarge, etch, XP and the
virtual windows machine. That then allowed XP to access the web; still, no
other machine can access XP.

How do I get this all working? It worked fine until I powered everything
down, hooked the three machines up via hardware KVM switch, to use my one
large monitor. How do I get XP to let the other machines talk to it?

I know this is a linux list, but am hoping someone can point me in the right
direction.

Scott
--
__

"AT FIRST YOUR DREAMS SEEM IMPOSSIBLE...
 THEN IMPROBABLE...THEN INEVITABLE"
  Christopher Reeve

Sandy Chiropractic Office	Dr. Scott S. Jones

V: 801.566.5428			MAILING ADDRESS
F: 801.858.9300			PO Box 1154
E: scott at fyrenice.com		Sandy, Utah 84091-1154