TV Writers Set To Strike? I thought they were fired years ago!

Merrill Oveson moveson at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 17:40:53 MDT 2007

Yes.  I pointed out to my wife one Sunday that watching the NFL on KSL was,
in fact, church approved and that I needed to support the church and any
possible former BYU players who might possibility be on either team.  She
didn't care.  I had two choices in this case, endure the wrath of my wife,
or turn the TV off.  You guessed it.  I turned the TV off.

Once in an early stake priesthood leadership meeting the stake presidency
proposed a boycott of all TV to be carried out by all members within the
stake.  This boycott was proposed for two reasons (1) waste of time (2)
filthy programming.  I wanted to leap up and say, "Yes, but we shouldn't
boycott KSL.  It's owned by the church.  I certainly don't think we
should boycott any church owned business."  Instead, I sat there, laughed
inside and went back to sleep.