TV Writers Set To Strike? I thought they were fired years ago!

Joshua Simpson std3rr at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 15:55:22 MDT 2007

On 11/2/07, Derek Davis <derek.davis at gmail.com> wrote:

> To feel that generally smarter people watch less TV than less smart
> people does not imply that watching TV means your less smart, nor that
> all smart people don't watch much TV, nor that you are less of a
> person for watching it.  Just that some feel there is a correlation,
> not to say there aren't exceptions.

You seem to regard my statements as serious.  I could care less if anyone
thinks less of me for watching TV.  Not watching TV is your prerogative;
watching it and somehow (gasp) doing other things like reading, exercising,
and interacting with real people is mine.  I'm just amusing myself by
pointing out the obvious in a satirical fashion.

I must admit, however, that it is refreshing to read a thread on PLUG
populated with smug people attempting to outdo each other with how much TV
they don't watch;  it's a welcome change from the usual: smug people talking
about <insert preferred language, distro, etc here> and looking down upon
users of <insert hated language, distro, etc here>.

I wait with bated breath Jonathan Ellis's comments about how we're heathens
for even discussing TV since it's so 90s, and how we should all be getting
it downloaded directly to our brains, like he is.
--
-
http://stderr.ws/