TV Writers Set To Strike? I thought they were fired years ago!

Merrill Oveson moveson at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 15:39:08 MDT 2007

I've complained about this before including to the Church (Mormon Church) -
even a letter of two to the first presidency.  (Yes, I hold a current
temple.  Yes, I'm suspicious that my name may be on some nonwhite list.
Yes, I'm not the only one who has raised this issue.  No the church does not
have to be affiliate with NBC to broadcast conference.  They could
independent like KJZZ, which airs whatever it wants - within FCC regs of
course.) ....
KSL is owned by Bonneville Communications which is owned by the Church.
KSL is an affiliate of NBC - which means whatever NBC wants aired KSL must
air, with few exceptions.
So essentially, the Church is broadcasting all that "bad stuff" everyone on
this list is complaining about.
In spite of my objections, nothing has changed.
Maybe if enough members said something, church leaders could make KSL a
family oriented station like (Is it PAX?).
Frankly, it's an embarrassment that the church is involved in such an
obvious and blatant conflict of interest.  I have to laugh every time I sit
in church and hear how evil TV is.

Merrill