TV Writers Set To Strike? I thought they were fired years ago!

Joseph Hall joseph at thatworks.com
Fri Nov 2 08:45:31 MDT 2007

> I can't imagine that the highly intelligent folks on this list spend
> much time watching TV, OTA or otherwise, so what do you do for family
> together time (or if single what do you do in your downtime).

Hi, my name is Joseph, and I'm a TV addict.

(pause for "Hi Joseph" from the room)

I actually don't want that much TV these days, except on weekends. I
would say that 90% of the TV that I watch is Food Network. I often
watch Anthony Bourdain's shows on Travel Channel, but the rest of my
TV-viewing time largely belongs to Discovery Channel (especially
Mythbusters). I would venture to say that a large number of members of
this list are also big Mythbusters fans.

I gave up on network TV years ago, with the exception of My Name is
Earl and The Office, which I really only watch on DVD anyway. The only
show I can think of that I've watched on PBS since Kindergarten was
the Red Green Show. As bad of a rep as cable (and by association,
satellite TV, which is what I have) has gotten thanks to HBO, Showtime
and Skinamax (as my wife calls it), there really are a lot of good
channels that focus primarily on high-quality educational programming.
As for the rest of the offerings that PBS stations are well known for,
if I ever need to watch British television, I have the BBC America on
hand.

Despite all this, I usually just let the Tivo watch TV for me. I'm on
the road too much to really spend much time watching a whole lot of
shows anymore, unless my hotel offers Food Network.

--
Joseph
http://blog.josephhall.com/