TV Writers Set To Strike? I thought they were fired years ago!

Barry Roberts blr at robertsr.us
Fri Nov 2 07:48:12 MDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-11-02 at 06:45 -0600, Steve wrote:
> I can't imagine that the highly intelligent folks on this list spend
> much time watching TV, OTA or otherwise, so what do you do for family
> together time (or if single what do you do in your downtime).

I'm lucky enough to be in a great spot for ATSC OTA.  With MythTV, it's
surprising how much good stuff is on PBS.  My whole family is getting
hooked on Nature, Nova, History Detectives, Secrets of the Dead, From
the Top, Cinema Seven,  plus Wishbone and various kids shows.  And "The
War" was incredible.  If antennaweb.org says you're good, it's worth
getting MythTV just for KUED.

But yeah, walking the dog, yard work, riding bikes, doing homework,
callings, etc. ad nauseum are more constructive and worthwhile than
watching the boob tube.  But here at our house, we've upped our TV
standards, so up yours!  Sorry, I was possessed by John Carter for a
minute there.

And don't forget to become a member of your favorite PBS station.

FWIW,
Barry Roberts