TV Writers Set To Strike? I thought they were fired years ago!

Steve smorrey at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 06:45:09 MDT 2007

Howdy folks,

I realize this is completely off topic for the group but I figured it
might be fun to start this thread anyways.

I woke up this morning and saw the headline "TV Writers Set To Strike!"
To which my initial reaction was "They still have writers for TV?  I
thought they were fired years ago!"

Regardless though, it seems like all too often the crap coming out of
the shiny glowing box in my living room makes me feel dumber for
having watched it.
It's gotten so bad, that my wife and I no longer watch anything OTA,
we don't pay for cable, and just go down to the local RedBox kiosk
every couple of days to rent DVDs, but even that is turning out to be
a wash, since hollywood seems bent on only making crap movies with
very few exceptions.  We've recently discovered Miro, which is free
and does have some nice feeds, but a person can only handle so many <
5 minute shows before they go nuts.

I can't imagine that the highly intelligent folks on this list spend
much time watching TV, OTA or otherwise, so what do you do for family
together time (or if single what do you do in your downtime).

Thanks in advance!

Sincerely,
Steve