Recommendations: Simple IM server for office LAN

Dave Smith dave at thesmithfam.org
Thu Mar 29 13:46:55 MDT 2007

I want to setup a small IM server on my Linux box at work to quickly
collaborate with other developers. I want to keep it simple:

    1. No authentication. Users just pick a user name, and they're in.
    2. Open standard so common IM clients can use it (mostly gaim/trillian)
    3. Easy install on Linux (I'm not afraid to ./configure; make; make
install)
    4. Sane config (I just got done doing XML situps with jabberd2 --
XML config sucks)

Any ideas?

--Dave