High Load average no CPU utilization

Michael L Torrie torriem at chem.byu.edu
Wed Mar 28 14:51:32 MDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-03-28 at 14:42 -0600, Steve Alligood wrote:
> <stuff>
> I have some mounts I use nfs v2 because I am not as worried about writes
> and I need the speed.  I also change the read and write window sizes,
> and turn off atime checking:
>
> async,soft,noatime,intr,nfsvers=2,rsize=8192,wsize=8192
>
> Of course, the server must support the v2 nfs as well (obvious, but
> worth mentioning)

NFS v3 on linux can be forced to udp by throwing "udp" into the mount
options.  Another handy option (likely not appropriate in this case) is
the "intr" option, which lets you interrupt nfs options without hanging
up your processes.  This is can be useful when you serve home
directories via nfs, under some situations.