MySQL last table alteration time

Steve Alligood steve at
Wed Mar 28 11:23:31 MDT 2007

Please be aware that most of the versions of mysql 5 have a bug with the
information_schema view that causes major performance degradation when
you use it with a "large amounts of data" or "a lot of tables".  This
could be a couple hundred tables or even a couple hundred MB of data

small databases are probably fine.