MySQL last table alteration time

Dave Smith dave at thesmithfam.org
Tue Mar 27 16:28:35 MDT 2007

Nicholas Leippe wrote:
> SHOW TABLE STATUS LIKE '<table>';
> look at the Update_time column.
>
> Also, in MySQL 5.x there is the metadata stuff that may be more accurate.

I am indeed using MySQL 5, with InnoDB tables. However, my Update_time
column shows NULL for all tables, even after I manually do an INSERT and
an UPDATE on one of my tables. So I googled and found that at least for
MyISAM tables, it's based on file timestamp, and to try FLUSH TABLES,
which I did to no avail.

So I tried this as suggested.

SELECT UPDATE_TIME, TABLE_SCHEMA FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA.TABLES WHERE
table_name='MyTable'

It reads NULL also.

Any other ideas? I'm on RHEL3 with MySQL 5.0.27 (installed from RPM).

--Dave