MySQL last table alteration time

Steve smorrey at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 16:18:07 MDT 2007

I don't believe a table has any concept of a time unless one of 2
things is present.
#1 A timestamp field is appended to the table
#2 Logging is enabled.

If #2 is true you don't actually query the table, you query the log.
If #1 is true then you can set the timestamp field to update
automatically each time there is an update or insert command (using a
trigger, although IIRC this should be an automatic trigger)