Logos Needed

Joel Finlinson joel at finlinson.net
Mon Mar 26 13:01:44 MDT 2007

On 3/26/07, Lars Rasmussen <lars.rasmussen at gmail.com> wrote:

> I thought the priority on this list was perceived syntax correctness,
> not disk space.

Screws the signal-to-noise ratio every time.

    Good one Lars!  Way to keep us back on track.   ;-)

> Many lengthy threads are followed by responses referring to the manner
> in which something was said, and do not refer to the subject of the
> original post.

    I've noticed that same thing.  An innocent job posting can easily
degrade into a punctuation or a VIM/EMACS battle.  Almost makes a person
wonder if they dare post anything because they're going to be snarled at for
sending their request improperly.

   An ongoing joke at my work is one in which we talk of how much easier our
lives would be if we could just reduce or eliminate all these annoying
users!  The best and easiest network is a userless network, right?  The best
PLUG-list is the one where noone dares to request or discuss anything
because they've been driven away with all the death-to messages?  I wouldn't
want that to happen.  I hope it doesn't.  I'm sorry Doran, for getting smart
and snippy with you.

   JOEL