Logos Needed

Ryan Simpkins plug at ryansimpkins.com
Mon Mar 26 12:29:13 MDT 2007

On Mon, March 26, 2007 12:06, Joel Finlinson wrote:
>    If we're so worried about listserver disk space, how about removing ALL
> clever tag lines on many messages AND the PLUG signature that is included on
> every message?
>
>    JOEL

Wade's attachment to the list was about 6.8k of gifs. Assuming a list with 400
subscribers (round about what PLUG has) that is 2720k in traffic the mail server had
to push. The PLUG sig takes about 129 bytes, or roughly 50k for 400 subs. However,
the 'marketing' aspect of the sig could be argued to out-weight the monthly cost
(~40M in traffic) of the PLUG sig and the sigs of all the other users.

In my opinion those two aren't really an issue at all. Neither is this message or
just about any other message. The problem is really attaching many hundreds of k on
to a message or attaching anything to huge lists. On PLUG it isn't too bad, but
consider this. On 6.8k of messages to 40,000 subs would be 265M.

-Ryan