OEM Windows XP CD?

Daniel C. dcrookston at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 09:21:51 MDT 2007

On 3/25/07, Matthew Frederico <mfrederico at gmail.com> wrote:
> When it comes time to "Authenticate" your winXP install with Microsoft via
> the web - Use the phone call option and let them know what happened.
> They'll happily authenticate your winXP install for you no problems.  I have
> had to do it several times because of how VMware works.
>
> Hope that helps!

This seems like the best option.  So do I just use another CD key
(mine for example) until then, and then after Windows is all installed
it'll try to authenticate itself, and that's when I can call them?

The computer was originally from Totally Awesome so we don't really
have any recourse there.  I wonder if a class action suit could be
brought against what's his name (I refuse to call him "Super"
anything) for going out of business and therefore depriving his
customers of the lifetime service he promised in all of our contracts.
 It'd almost be worth it just to watch the courtroom fireworks.