[OT] Reflowing BGA solder of a Video Chip on my Laptop

Dan V. Smith dansmith at xmission.com
Thu Mar 22 22:07:38 MDT 2007

Quoting Adam Findley <adam at cs.byu.edu>:
> So, does anyone have experience reflowing BGA solder? Or does anyone
> know which professor or company that would be willing to help me get
> this done?  The only other step from here I can see is buying a new
> motherboard (which looks inevitable).

Having worked in the industry, the only place locally I'm aware of that
is qualified to do BGA work is Precision Assembly in Orem. They can
reball the BGA and perform the x-ray inspection. However, I'm not sure
if they still take in this kind of work.

In the interest of full disclosure, I use to work for them.

--
Dan Smith