Trim and bottom/middle post

Charles Curley charlescurley at charlescurley.com
Thu Mar 22 18:16:37 MDT 2007

On Thu, Mar 22, 2007 at 04:17:03PM -0600, Jacob Fugal wrote:
> On 3/22/07, Daniel C. <dcrookston at gmail.com> wrote:
> >On 3/22/07, Jonathan Duncan <jonathan at bluesunhosting.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> LOL
> >
> >LOL WTF BBQ OMG PWN FTW DPS CC RFC WC DM VC MC BC  AFK AOE BRT GZ BRD
> >MMORPG PCMCIA SCUBA LMFAO PST WTB LFG UC AH
> >
> >> +1 to middle posting
> >
> >+1 to way too many acronyms
> >+2 to pointless, annoying emails
> >+3 to anyone who can tell me what those acronyms all mean
>
> Sure I'll bite.

Yup.

> LOL: many variations, my prefered rendering, "laugh out loud"
> WTF: "What the [fetch]?"
> BBQ: duh, but the placement of BBQ after WTF comes from the CAD blog
> OMG: "Oh my [google]!"
> PWN: not an acronym, derived from "own", as in "to beat"
> FTW: "For the win!"
> DPS: "Damage per second"
> CC: "Credit Card", but perhaps you also meant a WoW reference here?

Carbon Copy, but young whipersnappers wouldn't know that.

> RFC: "Ragefire Chasm"

Request For Comment, as the denizens of this list should know.

> WC: "Wailing Caverns"

Water Closet, where this thread should go.

> DM: "Deadmines"
> VC: "VanCleef"

Victor Charlie, or Viet Cong, another one young whipersnappers won't
know.

> MC: "Master of Ceremonies", but sandwiched between VC and BC, maybe
> another WoW one?
> BC: "Burning Crusade"

Britsh Columbia, Barret's Commune (a reference to a former PM of the
first BC), Before Christ

> AFK: "Away From Keyboard"
> AOE: "Area of Effect" or "Age of Empires"
> BRT: "Be right there"
> GZ: GNU Zip? Maybe you mean "ZG", which could be "Zul'Gurub"
> BRD: "Blackrock Depths"
> MMORPG: "Massively multiplayer online role playing game"
> PCMCIA: "Personal Computer Memory Card International Association"
> SCUBA: "Self contained underwater breathing apparatus"
> LMFAO: "Laughing my [fetching] [ankle] off"
> PST: "Please send tell"

Pacific Standard Time