Trim and bottom/middle post

Jacob Fugal lukfugl at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 16:17:03 MDT 2007

On 3/22/07, Daniel C. <dcrookston at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3/22/07, Jonathan Duncan <jonathan at bluesunhosting.com> wrote:
> >
> > LOL
>
> LOL WTF BBQ OMG PWN FTW DPS CC RFC WC DM VC MC BC  AFK AOE BRT GZ BRD
> MMORPG PCMCIA SCUBA LMFAO PST WTB LFG UC AH
>
> > +1 to middle posting
>
> +1 to way too many acronyms
> +2 to pointless, annoying emails
> +3 to anyone who can tell me what those acronyms all mean

Sure I'll bite.

LOL: many variations, my prefered rendering, "laugh out loud"
WTF: "What the [fetch]?"
BBQ: duh, but the placement of BBQ after WTF comes from the CAD blog
OMG: "Oh my [google]!"
PWN: not an acronym, derived from "own", as in "to beat"
FTW: "For the win!"
DPS: "Damage per second"
CC: "Credit Card", but perhaps you also meant a WoW reference here?
RFC: "Ragefire Chasm"
WC: "Wailing Caverns"
DM: "Deadmines"
VC: "VanCleef"
MC: "Master of Ceremonies", but sandwiched between VC and BC, maybe
another WoW one?
BC: "Burning Crusade"
AFK: "Away From Keyboard"
AOE: "Area of Effect" or "Age of Empires"
BRT: "Be right there"
GZ: GNU Zip? Maybe you mean "ZG", which could be "Zul'Gurub"
BRD: "Blackrock Depths"
MMORPG: "Massively multiplayer online role playing game"
PCMCIA: "Personal Computer Memory Card International Association"
SCUBA: "Self contained underwater breathing apparatus"
LMFAO: "Laughing my [fetching] [ankle] off"
PST: "Please send tell"
WTB: "Want to Buy"
LFG: "Looking for group"
UC: "Undercity"
AH: "Auction House"

PCMCIA was the only one I had to look up. Yes, I play way too much WoW :)

Jacob Fugal