death to gmail users!

Brandon Stout bms at mscis.org
Thu Mar 22 13:56:02 MDT 2007

Stuart Jansen wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-03-22 at 13:47 -0600, Daniel C. wrote:
>
>> On 3/22/07, Stuart Jansen <sjansen at buscaluz.org> wrote:
>>
>>> I'm getting tired of lazy gmail users who never trim their replies.
>>> Yeah, yeah, the subject has be raked over a thousand times. Ultimately,
>>> it's Google's fault but so far they haven't been very responsive to
>>> feedback.
>>>
>> How can the behavior of the individual users be Google's fault?
>>

> Because Google's UI hides its aberrant behavior from users as Steve is
> discovering.
>
> Not only does it hide the lack of trimming, it encourages top posting.
> Lazy and stupid.

Top posting isn't lazy or stupid... it's better.  I like to see the most
recent stuff up front.  I bottom post because that's what most other
people want, but top posting is still better.  Of course, I'm not that
picky either... I'll read what interests me whether it's top-posted, or
bottom-posted.  If the email has lot's of overhead I read what interests
me, and move on.  Lot's of header and footer stuff, no biggie - I'll
just skip it...

Just my $2 (inflation makes it worth more :) )

Brandon Stout
http://mscis.org