Thoughts on SuSE: What do you think?

Steve smorrey at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 12:47:23 MDT 2007

Just for fun I pulled down the latest SuSE and stuck it in my laptop.
I can only get the installer to start when docked in the docking
station (maybe the rez on this laptop is too high for grub or whatever
to display properly.
Anyways once docked it gets to the installer screen but doesn't want
to make it past that initial splash (this is after 30 minutes of
waiting), computer is hard frozen, had to disconnect power and remove
batteries to reboot.

This is a Dell Latitude C840 with 1GB of RAM and an 80GB HD currently
running Windows XP.  I'm going to do some searching and see if I can
find related issues.  FYI my Kubuntu Edgy Live CD just plain boots,
detects and runs, however the installer borks out at about 75%