Thoughts on SuSE: What do you think?

Ryan Simpkins plug at
Thu Mar 22 11:28:09 MDT 2007

I'm thinking of trying out SuSE for a laptop I've got. I hear they charge you for
updates though. Is that true? Can you guys please share your SuSE experiences

I'm certainly not going to pay for updates to F/OSS software. The community built
it, the community supports it, and the community wants it to be Free. I'm happy to
pay for support if I need it, but not updates. The CentOS project essentially
repackages the RHEL updates/system, does SuSE have a similar option? If not, is
there something stopping someone from doing so?