You see a sign post up ahead it reads, "Welcome to RPM Hell"

Steve smorrey at
Thu Mar 22 10:21:00 MDT 2007

I'm not concerned with downloading and installing updates, my issue
was with those updates failing on a clean install on what I believed
to be a stable distro.

Turns out I was wrong.
I'm downloading FC6 and will install that to see how it goes.