You see a sign post up ahead it reads, "Welcome to RPM Hell"

Stuart Jansen sjansen at buscaluz.org
Thu Mar 22 10:08:20 MDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-03-22 at 09:50 -0600, Steve wrote:
> Still any ideas on how to dig myself out of dependency hell?
> I mean are there any RPM tools yet that can auto-resolve dependency issues?

Stop using F7. Pup and Yum can auto-resolve dependencies, but they
obviously depend on a sane RPM repository and Fedora makes no such
promise when you're using a pre-release version.

You should be using FC6. But do us all a favor, don't come back
complaining when you have to install hundreds of updates after the
install. Fedora works that way by design.

Stuart Jansen              e-mail/jabber: sjansen at buscaluz.org
                           google talk:   stuart.jansen at gmail.com

the results." -- Winston Churchill