You see a sign post up ahead it reads, "Welcome to RPM Hell"

Grant Shipley gshipley at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 09:54:06 MDT 2007

> So I downloaded and installed Fedora Desktop 7 last night.
> And much to my chagrin, my very first run through the update system
> (pup?), and no less than 15 "updates" were in conflict so of course
> the update completely failed out rather than offer potential
> solutions.
> This whole distro is ridiculous.

Dude, calm down.  Fedora Core 7 is so beta that by no means should you
be using it as your test bed for rpm development.  I didn't even think
they had a public beta available for download yet.  I would suggest
trying the stable fedora core 6 and using yum for your updates.

Fedora Core is a fine distro.

--
grant