You see a sign post up ahead it reads, "Welcome to RPM Hell"

Ryan Simpkins plug at ryansimpkins.com
Thu Mar 22 09:53:35 MDT 2007

On Thu, March 22, 2007 09:29, Steve wrote:
> This whole distro is ridiculous.

Are you talking about Fedora 7 test 2? This page may be helpful:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F7Test2/ReleaseNotes

"Test 1 is targeted for developers, who use it "at their own risk", and contains
many bleeding edge packages.

Test 2 is for early adopters. Most things should work and we need to your help to
find what is broken.

Test 3 is for early adopters. Most things should work and we need to your help to
find what is broken.

Test 4 is for beta users. This is the time when we must have full community
participation. Without this participation both hardware and software functionality
suffers."

I could be wrong - but updating a system that is currently in active development
without following the development mailing list might be a bad idea. The same may be
true for any test distribution of Linux that follows an open community development
process.

I recommend you check out the recently released FC6. It should be more reasonable to
work with.

-Ryan