You see a sign post up ahead it reads, "Welcome to RPM Hell"

Stuart Jansen sjansen at buscaluz.org
Thu Mar 22 09:44:00 MDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-03-22 at 09:29 -0600, Steve wrote:
> I can't believe after all these years away from RedHat (my last
> installed distro was RH9), and we still have RPM hell.
> No other distro in recent memory suffers from dependency hell anymore,
> so whats the deal with Fedora?

PEBKAC Although it could have simply been that you were pulling from a
stale mirror, more likely it's just what you get for using a bleeding
edge, un-released distro. Fedora 7 is still under developement. I've
also experienced wonkiness when using pre-release Ubuntu and others.

I would suggest you try again with FC6, but you'd probably complain
about the hundreds of update packages you'll have to install. Fact is,
Fedora is a cutting edge distro for enthusiasts, not a desktop
replacement for your grandmother or a server replacement for your
production data center.

Stuart Jansen              e-mail/jabber: sjansen at buscaluz.org
                           google talk:   stuart.jansen at gmail.com

the results." -- Winston Churchill