C++ stylistic concerns?

Bryan Petty etierra at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 10:22:12 MDT 2007

> Create a crossplatform library which wraps the platform specific
> details for creating an OpenGL window, handling user input and playing
> sound files, into a single interface and utilizing a common namespace.
>  This library should provide functionality similar to SDL, however it
> may not bind to, or depend upon any libraries outside of those
> normally provided by the manufacturer of the operating system.
> It then goes into a platform by platform list of libraries I'm allowed
> to use (all of which are basically present on a properly configured
> system such as opengl32.dll, etc.

I was initially thought there was a misunderstanding myself when I
read the first comment about concerns about control over licensing,
but it sounds like you are actually writing a commercial,
cross-platform library to compete right alongside Qt, wxWidgets, and
others. In that case, there wasn't a misunderstanding, and the
concerns over licensing are valid. It's just rare to hear of a new
competitor in that market, and hopefully the client has some brilliant
plans for selling it because the alternatives do a pretty good job for
really cheap. :)

Regards,
Bryan Petty