open remote file locally?

Joseph Hall joseph at
Wed Mar 21 07:22:02 MDT 2007

On 3/20/07, Doran L. Barton <fozz at> wrote:
>     vim
> This awesome little vim plugin gives you access to remote files via SCP,
> SFTP, DAV, FTP, HTTP, RSYNC, and RCP (Why, diety-of-choice, WHY?!)
> You can also browse remote directories with netrw too.
> For more info: <>

Oh man. I can't believe how cool that is. I've been helping a friend
with code on a server that I only have FTP access to. Downloading
files manually, working on them in vi, and then uploading them
manually has been a real pain. As soon as I read this email, I had to
try it out, and it works beautifully. This is just made of awesome.