XMission question [was: Utopia Advise]

Gary Thornock gthornock at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 19 21:51:40 MDT 2007

--- Alex Esplin <alex.esplin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is XMission available in Utah County?
>
> I haven't had to worry about my connection because I live in
> BYU Student Family Housing, but we're moving this weekend and
> I'm looking for a provider.  I called MStar and they said their
> iProvo service isn't available where I'm going (900 S. 900 E.
> area), and I'd like to stay at or under $40/month.  I don't
> need phone or tv, just fast, reliable internet.  Any other
> suggestions?

XMission is available in Utah County by dialup, DSL or Utopia.
It sounds like you're in Provo, so Utopia is out.  Even if you
could get iProvo, XMission isn't available on iProvo.

I'd suggest calling XMission and having them check if your
address qualifies for DSL.  If so, they're reputed to be very
helpful in the process of getting DSL installed and working.  If
you can't get DSL, then you're pretty much stuck with either
dialup or, if it's available, Comcast.