Windows cool now linux hot (temperature) on my laptop

Scott Paul Robertson spr at mahonri5.net
Mon Mar 19 19:13:18 MDT 2007

On Mon, Mar 19, 2007 at 05:46:28PM -0600, Stuart Jansen wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-03-19 at 17:35 -0600, Michael Lovell wrote:
> > My guess would be that Beagle is trying to index everything. Try turning
> > it off.
>
> I'm slowly starting to think that Beagle is not only useless but evil.

I watch the lead Beagle dev's blog, and from what I recall they added
some stuff to improve laptop performance.

In my experience, I used Beagle ~8 months ago. It was cool, but I just
didn't have the patience to wait for the full index. That and I never
used it since I'm anal about my file organization.

--
Scott Paul Robertson
http://spr.mahonri5.net