[OT] UTOPIA advise

Shane Hathaway shane at hathawaymix.org
Mon Mar 19 17:38:18 MDT 2007

Ryan Simpkins wrote:
> 100GB a month is equivilant to roughly 146 full .iso images (if my math is somewhat
> right). I think the 100GB cap is really there to deter heavy file sharers, ubergeeks
> running a server farm in the basement, and business that need HUGE bandwidth.
>
> Incidently I think you'd have to push 40kB/sec (320kbps) 24 hours a day, 30 days a
> month, to reach the limit. I could be wrong, but if you used the phone and played
> world of warcraft 24/7 for 30 days solid you likley wouldn't reach the limit.

Curiously, Webalizer reports that people are retrieving 400-600 GB per
month from my simple home server.  The traffic is legitimate, but I
wonder whether Webalizer is counting partial downloads as complete
downloads.  I know the number is at least in the ballpark, since
'ifconfig' reports it has transmitted 276 GB in the past 22 days, but
that also includes a lot of LAN traffic.

I guess I'd be a horrible customer for UTOPIA. ;-)

Shane