[OT] UTOPIA advise

Daniel C. dcrookston at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 16:28:15 MDT 2007

On 3/19/07, Clint Savage <herlo1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> AT&T has the best options for bandwidth.  I personally called them and asked
> several times what their bandwidth limitations were; absolutely none was
> what I was told each time.

I'm skeptical about this.  If all you did was call and ask, that's not
necessarily representative of their actual policy.  It's entirely
possible that the calling center staff (which is comprised of people
who have their own culture, separate from the rest of the company)
consider 100GB a month to be so absurdly high that it's effectively no
limit.  I've worked in many calling centers, and all of them had these
little lies that we'd tell because we didn't want to get into the
details on the phone.

Dan