[Fwd: Amazon.com Interviewing in Salt Lake City 3/30/07!]

Hill, Greg grhill at corp.untd.com
Thu Mar 15 17:28:30 MDT 2007

I've been contacted several times by Amazon recruiters over the last few
years.  They see my resume with all Perl experience and ask me about my
Java experience over the phone.  I never hear back, hahaha.  From every
article I've read from insiders there, the code is an atrocious mess,
but I suppose it would look great on your resume to have worked there.

Am I making a point?  Not really.

Greg

Of

-----------------------
> ----------
> Subject: Amazon.com Interviewing in Salt Lake City 3/30/07!
> From:    "Serrato, Crystal" <cserrato at amazon.com>
> Date:    Thu, March 15, 2007 17:11
> To:      ryan at ryansimpkins.com

> ----------
>

> Amazon.com is sending members from our Enterprise Integration
Services,
> Enterprise
> Ordering & Payments, and Enterprise Application Development (EAD)
teams to
> interview
> candidates in Salt Lake City for Seattle-based opportunities. Did you
know
> that
> Amazon.com has hundreds of software engineers working on some of the
most
> interesting technical challenges on the planet?
>

> Amazon.com, headquartered in beautiful Seattle, is looking for
exceptional
> software
> engineers to join its growing technology organization. As an engineer
> here, you
> might build cutting edge product recommendation algorithms, scale and
> optimize our
> world class supply chain systems, or architect and build an end-to-end
e-
> commerce
> platform that companies like Target use to run their online
businesses.
> You'll work
> with smart, experienced teammates on a small cross-functional team.
You'll
> join a
> scientific culture focused on achieving aggressive goals, and you'll
work
> on
> creating a world-class customer experience for the millions of people
who
> use
> Amazon.com.
>

> Amazon.com has set the standard for a world-class online shopping and
> fulfillment
> management platform and, as a result, is regarded as one of the most
> scaleable
> leaders in the industry for offering customized, end-to-end,
enterprise-
> level and
> multi-channel Web site solutions.  The Enterprise Integration Services
> (EIS) team
> plays a critical role in the success of each client implementation by
> working
> directly with the client to understand and document their business
> requirements and
> existing data systems architecture, then collaborating with Amazon's
> internal
> service owners to architect and deliver a complete solution for
tightly
> integrating
> the client's systems with Amazon's.  In addition, our team is focused
on
> defining
> and building self-service data integration tools that will enable us
> significantly scale the number of clients who are able to integrate
with
> Amazon's
> enterprise platform in the future.
>

> The Enterprise Ordering & Payments team is responsible for the
customer's
> ordering
> experience.  We create and enhance features related to Shopping Cart,
the
> Order
> Pipeline, Promotions, Payments, Order Management and Returns, Shipping
&
> Fulfillment
> for enterprise-class websites such as Target, Bebe, NBA, and
Mothercare
> etc. Joining
> our team will give you the unique opportunity and experience to learn
what
> it takes
> to manage an e-Commerce website from click to delivery and have a
direct
> impact on
> millions of customers.
>

> Enterprise Application Development employs agile methodologies in a
rapid
> development environment to solve a broad range of technical problems.
On
> our team,
> you will have the opportunity to work with a wide range of
technologies
> across the
> breadth of our e-commerce platform.  On one project you may work on an
> AJAX-driven
> shopping experience. On another, you may dive deep into Java code,
> engineering new
> ordering options.  Engineers on our team will have the opportunity to
play
> game-changing role in defining the future of our e-commerce platform,
> identifying
> new best practices, leveraging new technologies, and engineering new
> frameworks.
>

>  Requirements:
>
> 2 plus years experience
>
> BS degree in computer science
>
> Applied Math or other similar statistical studies/background
>

> If you're interested in interviewing with our teams while we're in
Salt

cserrato at amazon.com