apache auto start and service

Wade Preston Shearer lists at wadeshearer.com
Wed Mar 14 14:17:55 MDT 2007

After running my yum upgrade I rebooted. The default apache is came
up however instead of the custom one that I compiled myself. It
appears that the upgrade changed something.

I stopped the default and started my own so things are good now, but
I want to get my settings back.

How do I check which httpd the system is set to start on boot?

How do I check what the alias "service httpd start/stop/restart"
controls? How do I change it?

I am familiar with using chkconfig to determine if something is set
to start on boot and to set something to start on boot, but when
using "chkconfig httpd on" how does the system know which version of
httpd I want?