March PLUG Meeting: Share The Love (Ubuntu)

Ryan Simpkins plug at ryansimpkins.com
Tue Mar 13 00:36:08 MDT 2007

http://www.plug.org

Last month we felt the love, this month come learn how to share it. Christer Edwards
from Ubuntu Utah will be presenting on (of course) Ubuntu.

Ubuntu is built on the ideas enshrined in the Ubuntu Philosophy: that software
should be available free of charge, that software tools should be usable by people
in their local language and despite any disabilities, and that people should have
the freedom to customise and alter their software in whatever way they see fit.

Christer will be offering us a list of not-so-well-known resources, some basic tips
& tricks for getting the goodies installed (such as media codecs, flash, java, dvd
playback, etc). Also an outline of the cool new features coming in the next release
due next month. If you have been thinking of switching your family to Ubuntu or are
new to Linux, this is the meeting for you.

Also, Joseph Hall will be bringing in something special: "I will be building a cake
next week in the shape of Beastie, the BSD mascot, and bringing it with me to PLUG
to share with all. Of course, it will be made from devil's food cake. Those of you
who missed out on the Tux cake last September will want to make sure to make it out
to the meeting next week."

You don't want to miss this month's meeting! Bring a friend!