Please feed the calendars [was: BYU UUG Meeting Mar. 15th]

Clint Savage herlo1 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 22:46:05 MDT 2007

On 3/12/07, Von Fugal <von at fugal.net> wrote:

> > No reason we can't have both. You can ask for all the calendars, or any
> > calendars you want. For example, http://www.utos.org/calendars/all or
> > http://www.utos.org/calendars/plug or even
> > http://www.utos.org/calendars/plug+uug+upm
> >
> > Von Fugal
>
> Oops, forgot one last suggestion. It could even be implemented as a feed
> aggregator thing. I'm just thinking about keeping things simpler for the
> individual groups, maybe it would be better if they can each keep things
> on their own respective sites, ya know, instead of the possible friction
> of going to another site to add meeting details. Then again it might be
> easier to use an existing system. Of course we could leave that up to
> the site developers, have both options available.
>
> Von Fugal

Von,

that's the exact plan actually.  I want to just be able to use something
like microformats on all the sites to aggregate all this sort of data.  It
should actually be pretty simple to write.  Just a bit of time to scrape the
data we need and decide how the microformat will act and what kinds there
will be...

I'd rather be a helper than a hinderer.  I don't want to make the User
Groups have to do more than necessary and it should all be on their site no
less.  In addition, a calendar with a feed could easily be available from
their site as well, and should be.

Anyone interested in approaching this type of application?

Cheers,

Clint