Suggestions for a Color Laser Printer

Joel Finlinson joel at finlinson.net
Mon Mar 12 18:50:42 MDT 2007

On 3/9/07, Dr. Scott S. Jones <scott at fyrenice.com> wrote:

> +++ Michael Torrie [08/03/07 23:35 -0700]:
> > On Thu, 2007-03-08 at 21:46 -0700, Steve wrote:
> > > Hello Everyone,
> > > Tax Refund time is here, and we are looking to blow it all on a high
> > > quality color laser printer.  Something we won't have to worry about
> > > for several years.
> > > Unfortunately the refund is < $1000
> > > I'm hoping someone on the list can point us in the right direction.
> > > Thanks in Advance!

Lexmark is very Linux friendly.  I bought a Lexmark C522n last year for home
and it has been awesome.  20 ppm black or color.  It has a builtin NIC for
print serving.  I've been printing to it from Mac OSX, Linux, and Windows
for a year.  I just bought another one for a local dentist's office a couple
of months ago.  It's been great for them too.  Of course, it's been updated
and it's big brother is the C532n (32ppm).

http://www.lexmark.com/lexmark/product/home/578/0,6970,204816596_653293763_877011522_en,00.html?tabId=1

http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=lexmark+c522n&btnG=Search+Froogle

Happy shopping.

   JOEL