DST

Barry Roberts blr at robertsr.us
Mon Mar 12 08:46:00 MDT 2007

I have a bunch of CentOS/RedHat 3 servers that I updated tzdata*.rpm
several weeks ago.  They haven't been re-booted, some for over a year.

The important services did get restarted (Tomcat, apache, Samba, etc.)
and the important logs and customer-facing apps have the correct time.
But from the command line "date" shows MST, not MDT.

I could re-boot, but that's so Windows.  Anybody have an idea what
processes need to be re-started to get all the old tzdata out of cache
and the correct time showing from the command line?

Thanks,
Barry Roberts