General Linux Training

Andrew Jorgensen andrew.jorgensen at
Fri Mar 9 14:38:05 MST 2007

On 3/7/07, Daniel <teletautala at> wrote:
> I am the Webmaster for the Alpine School District.  Our technology
> department is looking at getting basic Linux training.  We are looking
> at training 30 people on-site.  All will have laptops.  Some attendees
> will not have any prior Linux knowledge.  We are looking to install an
> OS (Red Hat, Suse or Ubuntu), and have Linux basics taught in a 1 day
> training session with the possibility of others in the future.  We are
> looking for quotes for teachers.  We are already looking at Guru Labs
> and Novell.  Does anyone know of any other reputable companies with
> whom we can contract to do the training?

Mountainland Applied Technology College probably has someone who can teach the
course.  They are owned by the state and given that Alpine School
District is also owned by the state there may be a fiscally
conservative deal in there somewhere.

I haven't taken any technology courses from them so I can't vouch in
that way but the one business-related course I took at work was pretty