General Linux Training

Andrew Jorgensen andrew.jorgensen at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 14:38:05 MST 2007

On 3/7/07, Daniel <teletautala at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am the Webmaster for the Alpine School District.  Our technology
> department is looking at getting basic Linux training.  We are looking
> at training 30 people on-site.  All will have laptops.  Some attendees
> will not have any prior Linux knowledge.  We are looking to install an
> OS (Red Hat, Suse or Ubuntu), and have Linux basics taught in a 1 day
> training session with the possibility of others in the future.  We are
> looking for quotes for teachers.  We are already looking at Guru Labs
> and Novell.  Does anyone know of any other reputable companies with
> whom we can contract to do the training?

Mountainland Applied Technology College
http://www.mountainlandatc.org/ probably has someone who can teach the
course.  They are owned by the state and given that Alpine School
District is also owned by the state there may be a fiscally
conservative deal in there somewhere.

I haven't taken any technology courses from them so I can't vouch in
that way but the one business-related course I took at work was pretty
good.