General Linux Training

Brandon Stout bms at mscis.org
Thu Mar 8 21:25:58 MST 2007

Derek Carter wrote:
> Ryan Byrd wrote:
>>> Now, stop wondering about other training alternatives and pony up for a
>> 1-week course with Guru Labs at
>> their facility.
>>
>> and at *only* $60,000.00 ($2000.00 a head x 30 people). What a steal!
>>
>> ref: http://www.gurulabs.com/training/GL120-Linux_Fundamentals.php
>>
>> that's what, 3 elementary school teacher's yearly salaries?
>>
> yeah, you should really contact sales at gurulabs.com there's a chance
> they'll negotiate.
>
> and truth be told... it's really worth it
>
> YES, it IS REALLY WORTH IT.
>
> --
> goozbach

I don't think any training is worth that much.  If you add the cost for
4 years to get my BS degree, plus 2 more for my MS degree, I don't think
it comes to $60,000.  Perhaps, if you want to spend that much on
training, you should just pay for everyone to get a degree...  Seriously
though, a degree for 30 people would obviously run much higher than
$60,000.  My real point is that you should get much more than a course
or two of training for $2,000 per head.  I bet some PLUG members would
happily train for much less.  From one non-profit agency to another.
Does government subsidized count as non-profit?

Brandon Stout
http://mscis.org