Word of caution Nvidia Cg, on Ubuntu (aka Never a Doh! Moment)

Steve smorrey at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 17:02:10 MST 2007

Hey all, just a word of caution.
If you have the need to install Nvidia's Cg Runtime environment under
Ubuntu/Kubuntu etc, make sure to grab the RPM and use Alien.  Do not
use the tarball and move the files over (which to me at least seemed
like the logical thing to do).

Yep folks I just completely hosed my install with a "sudo mv * /"
fortunately I have oodles of RAM and most of the OS userland is
currently cached there, but this will be my last post for some time, I
now need to re-install (my entire /usr partition is gone).

Try not to laugh too hard, when I come back, hopefully someone will
have some nice horror stories in reply to make me feel better :)