Create my own linux ISO

Steve smorrey at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 15:08:52 MST 2007

Ok let me see if I got this straight.
You have MyLinux 1.0 you release as a torrent.  Next you want to
release MyLinux 1.1 also as a torrent.
What you are trying to do is to have the MyLinux 1.1 torrent released
not as a single large iso, but as a patch delta against MyLinux 1.0
with only the differing files coming down the pike?

If thats the case, I wouldn't mess with bittorrent at all.  You would
be much better using SVN or RSYNC.  Another alternative especially if
your choosing to use bit-torrent as a method of saving your server
from melting down on release day, would be to use AWS (Amazon
WebServices).

The final option I could see, if you really have your heart set on
Bit-Torrent is to release each .rpm .deb or whatever as a seperate
torrent and then create a master list (either a large file or a single
tracking server) of some sort which points to each individual packages
torrent.

In this way you could do a bit-torrent update system, and never bother
with a point release at all.  And of course making a release would be
as simple as changing the repo master list as new packages are
commited.