Create my own linux ISO

Michael Brailsford brailsmt at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 8 12:16:17 MST 2007

Why not do something like create a directory called /tmp/test_data and copy in a few header files or other text files, maybe copy in the whole /usr/include directory to get a bigger size.  Then you can do:

$ tar czf /tmp/test.iso /tmp/test_data/*

Then you can just make an edit in a file in /tmp/test_data and recreate your "iso", then transfer it and compare what you get on the other end with what you sent.

A whole linux distro iso, while nifty, is significant overkill.

-Michael