Create my own linux ISO

Brian Hawkins brianhks at activeclickweb.com
Thu Mar 8 11:24:29 MST 2007

Michael L Torrie wrote:
> I'm not quite sure what you're asking for here.  You speak of creating a
> "distro image" and then talk about making an ISO.  Are you talking about
> making a image that is cloned to hard drives, or are you talking about
> making your own install CD that installs an OS, such as a Fedora-based
> custom distro?
>
> Michael

Good question.  I'm mixing my terms up.  What I want is to reproduce
what is typically downloaded from off the Internet.  With that said I
want to create an CD install image.  I need to be able to change the way
the files are compressed.

I guess I could work at it from the other direction.  I could take a
pre-built image, unpack the rpms and then compress them with my
modifications.  Yes I think that is a better way of doing it.

Thanks
Brian